Equality and Diversity
Shepway District Council are committed to equal access for everybody to the Council's services
To comply with the Equality Act 2010, the council has produced:
- an Equality and Diversity policy
- a set of Equality and Diversity objectives that will help us to deliver the policy
The Equality and Diversity Policy confirms our commitment to:
- remove or minimise disadvantages suffered by people because of their protected characteristics (including age, disability, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, relationship status, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, and social and economic status)
- take steps to meet the needs of people from protected groups where these are different from the needs of others
- encourage people from protected groups to participate in public life or in other activities where they are under-represented
The policy was updated this year (2015) - the cabinet report for this submission is below:
The Disability Equality Scheme
Shepway's Disability Equality Scheme describes how the council will actively promote equal opportunities for disabled people, both as service users and employees.
Policy on children and vulnerable adults
Our policy and procedures for the protection of children and vulnerable adults are contained in these 3 documents:
- Children and Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy [317kb]
- Appendices A to C(1) [424kb]
- Appendices C(2) to F [614kb]
Racial harassment policy
Shepway District Council will not tolerate any form of racial harassment against:
- anyone living in Shepway
- council staff and contractors
- anyone visiting the council's property
Read the Coast and Countryside Racial Harassment Policy which Shepway has signed up to.
See or get hard copies of policies
If you would like us to post you a paper copy or would like the information in another format (eg large print), email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can see paper copies of these policies at the Civic Centre in Folkestone or our One Stop Services in New Romney. Ask at reception.
Castle Hill Avenue
Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5pm (Wednesday's from 09:30am)
New Romney One Stop Services
Tuesdays and Fridays 9am to 12:30pm