Equality and Diversity
Shepway District Council are committed to equal access for everybody to the Council's services
To comply with the Equality Act 2010, the council has produced:
- an Equality and Diversity policy
- a set of Equality and Diversity objectives that will help us to deliver the policy
The Equality and Diversity Policy confirms our commitment to:
- remove or minimise disadvantages suffered by people because of their protected characteristics (including age, disability, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, relationship status, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, and social and economic status)
- take steps to meet the needs of people from protected groups where these are different from the needs of others
- encourage people from protected groups to participate in public life or in other activities where they are under-represented
The policy was updated this year (2015) - the cabinet report for this submission is below:
If you would like us to post you a paper copy or would like the information in another format (eg large print), email email@example.com.
You can see paper copies of these policies at the Civic Centre in Folkestone or our One Stop Services in New Romney. Ask at reception.
Castle Hill Avenue
Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5pm (Wednesday's from 09:30am)
New Romney One Stop Services
Thursday 08.30am to 1:30pm