Working for us
Information about working for Shepway District Council
We're one of the area's largest employers with around 400 full and part-time employees based at the Civic Centre in Folkestone.
Benefits of working for us include:
- a graded pay structure
- basic annual leave of 20 days plus additional days, eg bank holidays
- a flexible working scheme
- sick pay arrangements
- a pension scheme run by Kent County Council
- a car user allowance
Shepway District Council is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to set an example of a diverse workforce and are committed to employing disabled people.
The Council works to promote equality in the way we serve or employ people, making sure no one suffers disadvantages because of their age, disability, gender identity, pregnancy or maternity status, race, relationship status, religion or beliefs, sex or sexual orientation, or social or economic status.
We will take all appropriate and reasonable steps to remove barriers and obstacles to equal opportunities for gaining employment with the Council and for progressing in the Council's employment at all levels.
Employing disabled people
We encourage job applications from disabled people.
As an accredited user of the disability symbol the Council is committed to:
- interviewing all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and considering them on their abilities
- consulting with disabled employees to discuss what can be done to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- supporting employees who become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- making sure all employees are disability-aware to help us meet our goals
- reviewing and improving our disability goals yearly, sharing the results with Jobcentre Plus